Corona Virus information and update
To our valued patients,
We are writing to let you know that we are closely monitoring Corona (Covid-19) virus situation and we are acting accordingly to the advice provided by the Department of Health and Optometry Australia.
Our practices treat patients of many ages with various health conditions, we are treating this seriously. We love what we do and love seeing patients, so we are doing what we can to continue our work!
As a health care provider, we are required to maintain an environment that is clean and free from bacteria and viruses. This is part of normal daily practice to prevent any harm to our patients or practitioners.
- All patient surfaces are cleaned in between patients as per regulation
- All Instruments in contact with patients are sterilised and/or single use
- All practitioners wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as per regulation
- All our waiting room chairs and surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Anti-microbial hand gel is provided in practices for all to use.
- Protective masks can be provided and gloves where requested by patients.
As you are aware, extra precautions are being asked of everyone to maintain that health standards are maintained and to prevent the risk of infection for
This is why we ask you as patients to do the following:
- Carefully and regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds
- When sneezing or coughing- cover your mouth and nose, then dispose of tissue and wash your hands or apply a hand sanitiser
- Avoid touching your face while in the practice and avoid handshakes with other patients and staff.
We would like you to please contact our staff and to reschedule your appointment for another time, If,
You have cold or flu like symptoms
- You or someone that you have been in contact with has recently diagnosed with Covid-19
- Have recently travelled overseas.
- Have received medical advice that you should remain in quarantine.
We are doing all of the above for the safety of our patients, the health care practitioners working in our practices and the greater Canberra community.
Please contact our practices if you have any further questions
Evans & McMahon Eyecare Plus
Canberra optometrist Evans and McMahon Eyecare Plus are total-care optometrists, specialising in performing eye examinations, prescribing glasses and fitting contact lenses.
In addition to examination of the eyes, we are trained to diagnose diseases of the eyes and refer to specialist medical care when required.
Complete eyeglass services, including an in-office finishing lab, are available for the convenience of our patients. We offer a large selection of frames and sunglasses as well as a full line of prescription lenses.
All types of contact lenses including disposables and flexible wear lenses are dispensed. Many lenses are stocked in our offices for trial assessments and we welcome ‘hard to fit’ patients.